[ZODB-Dev] Re: Re: [Zodb-checkins] SVN: ZODB/tags/3.3.0a2/ Createda tag for the ZODB3, 3 second alpha release. We will try to

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu Jun 3 14:23:10 EDT 2004

[Jim Fulton]
>> Alpha 2 ended up being irrelevant.

[Jeremy Hylton]
> ?  In the same way that alpha 1 was irrelevant?  Nevermind.

No, Zope HEAD has been broken since we (you & I) made ZODB 3.3a3.  The
big-hammer approach to fixing it was to back off to ZODB 3.3a2, when it was
still known to work.  Jim means a much smaller hammer than that proved to
suffice, basically just reverting the changes to Zope (but not to ZODB) that
were made at the last minute (or maybe day <wink>) in conjunction with
finishing the transaction package in ZODB 3.3a3.  While Zope's mounting
tests passed after those changes, turns out they didn't test crucial pieces
of what Zope actually does (and, AFAIK, they still don't).

>>> I wasn't aware that mounting/multi-database support was on the
>>> plate for 3.3.

That was a typo.  3.4 was intended.