[ZODB-Dev] fullstorage pack problem

Lorenzo Musizza lorenzo.musizza at 1000asa.com
Tue Jun 8 05:08:54 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I am using Zope 2.7.0, python 2.3.3 with a fullstorage bdb database,
using the zope.conf defaults.
The size is approx 900Mb, but I am unable to pack it manually (using
ZMI), because it starts packing but never ends (more than 2 days on a
2Ghz 1G ram machine, then I cancelled), and the size reported by the zmi
and the space on disk more than doubled...2100Mb.
If I export all my sites, delete the fullstorage environment, recreate a
new one and reimport I have again 900Mb, but the size grows over time
and I can't manually pack it. I know it should do gc automatically but
then why does it grow (since if I export and reimport the size is
reduced)?
Thanks in advance for any advice,

Lorenzo Musizza
RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)