[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.3 beta 1 released

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Tue Jun 8 10:44:48 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 08:31 am, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
 > Does this release still have the PKG-INFO that was generated by the old
 > setup.py and used to update the entry on PyPI?

The PKG-INFO is generated by distutils; if you run "setup.py sdist", the
resulting distribution will contain PKG-INFO.

The file isn't needed to register with PyPI though; distutils handles that
directly rather than requiring the PKG-INFO file to exist.  I've been
registering the Zope X3 releases using simply "install.py register" (or
"setup.py register" when the configure/make wrapper isn't used).

 > Also (and I say this realizing that I haven't followed zpkg development
 > at all) is there any chance of getting a ZODB release where the code is
 > in some obvious looking place?  I'm sure I'm just confused because I'm
 > used to the old way of doing things, but I initially thought I had
 > grabbed the wrong thing because I couldn't find the source code.

The distribution layout is definately different.  The layout is mandated by
Jim.  The model is that a Zope distribution is similar to a Linux
distribution: there's some bootstrap code at the top, and then a pile of
packages that get installed.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>