[ZODB-Dev] Any recommendation for non-undoable storage?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Jun 9 00:00:00 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 20:51 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
> There is no supported general-purpose nonundoing storage shipping with
> ZODB or produced by a third party anymore.  Well, that's not entirely
> true; there's TemporaryStorage and MappingStorage, which is are both
> nonundo storages, but both save pickles to RAM instead of to disk, which
> usually isn't very helpful.

Ape is actually quite good at providing a non-undoing storage.  Over the past
couple of weeks I've been setting up a site based on Ape and I've been quite
happy with it.  Everything is under version control, weird object types seem
to work just as well as they do in FileStorage, and I don't notice a
performance hit even on a 300 MHz / 128 MB box.

Shane