[ZODB-Dev] zodb-dev list policies

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 24 11:47:32 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 01:14, Tim Peters wrote:
> Over on the zope and zope-dev lists, there's currently agitation to make
> them members-only mailing lists.  The point is that spam could not get thru
> then (unless posted by a member).
>
> What would zodb-dev members like?

I'd like to keep the list open.  It is not unusual for people from the
general user community post a question here.  Often they ask on a zope
list and get redirected here.  I don't see any reason they should
subscribe first or require moderator approval.

Put another way, spam is a fact of life these days.  You need to learn
how to use a spam filter, so there's no point making life difficult for
the list moderator or the occasional poster.

Jeremy