[ZODB-Dev] help enabling conflict resolution

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Mon Mar 1 13:10:09 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 13:02, John Belmonte wrote:
> I know it's not the most efficient, but I'd prefer that conflict
> resolution run on the ZEO client rather than server if it's at all
> reasonable.

It's a non-trivial change to ZEO, and I don't expect it will make it
onto my priority list anytime soon.  It's possible that it would make
sense for performance, because it offloads work from the server where it
could be a bottleneck.  It couldn't work by holding the transaction
lock, so it's possible that you'd do conflict resolution and then get a
different conflict.  So I'd want to see some more detailed performance
analysis before adding it to the core anyway.

Jeremy