[ZODB-Dev] reasons to use ZODB

Duncan McGreggor zope at adytumsolutions.com
Mon Mar 1 17:36:18 EST 2004

Hey folks,

I'm putting together a brief series of HowTos (with the help of Casey)
that aims to introduce people to ZODB earlier on than they might
normally get into it. At a basic level, ZODB is a fantastic tool and
easy to work with. The trick is wrapping people's heads around the
concept of an OODB.

Anyway, for the introduction, I would like to have a section "Why
Should I Use ZODB?" What would people think about responding to this
thread with their top-favorite things about ZODB? Everything from
features to how it makes your life easier... these could then be edited
and compiled for the reading pleasure of many ;-)

If you'd like to take a look at it, it's about half-way done (still
have to do the 'tools' section, backups, and ZEO):
http://zope.org/Members/adytumsolutions/HowToLoveZODB_PartI

(note: there are some funky relative links I need to fix up)

Thanks,

Duncan