[ZODB-Dev] reasons to use ZODB

Harm_Kirchhoff at mail.digital.co.jp Harm_Kirchhoff at mail.digital.co.jp
Tue Mar 2 04:41:32 EST 2004

I am a newbie to ZODB. I only started using it 4 months ago, but with
great success.
Reasons for its use are:
a. It integrates into python and can serve as a giant python dictionary.
This makes it very easy even for a newbie to built a powerfull database,
because while dictionaries are easy to understand, classes and other
objects may not be.
b. It integrates into python and python is an extremly powerfull and
versatile language. I only switched to python 6 months ago, but am already
up and running with a database tracking a sales volume of USD 35 Million
annually.
c. One of the reasons why I chose ZODB, was that I figured, if I ever need
to implement web technologies, I would be half way through just by
mastering the ZODB and could lear the rest of Zope in a relatively quicker
time.
I can not say how much I appreciate your work. It took me a long while to
get into the ZODB, mainly due to the fact that there is little
documentation that caters for absolute newbies like myself and focuses
only on the ZODB.
Great Work