[ZODB-Dev] ZEO server segfault under stress

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Tue Mar 2 11:44:30 EST 2004

I wrote:
> In ZODB-3.3a2 I'm getting ZEO server random segfaults quite frequently
> when running a little stress test of my high-write application.  The ZEO
> log isn't very informative, for example showing:
>
>     2004-03-01T18:35:24 pid 28737: terminated by SIGSEGV
>
> Even if I'm doing something relatively stupid in my application, I
> should expect an exception rather than a segfault, correct?  Checking
> the obvious like available memory and disk space reveals nothing
> interesting, so I guess I'll have to dig further.  If there are known
> issues with 3.3a2, please let me know.

I forgot to mention that the segfault only occurs in the face of write
conflicts.  Now that I've eliminated the false write conflicts in my app
(see other thread), leaving only the odd BTree conflict, I'm no longer
getting this error.  I feel some obligation to revert my code and still
track this down, so I'll give it a try.

-John

--
http:// if  ile.org/