[ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was [Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Fri Mar 5 05:09:47 EST 2004

> Right.  I wonder if we could sneak that "gc" code ("remove all objects
> starting at this root that have a lesser bobobase_mod_time than x and
> that are of object type y") into stock storage code.  I suspect it
> wouldn't be very popular.  Maybe a more generalized callback mechanism
> could be created that "plugged in" to the packing API.

Perhaps you could make an adapter for a Storage that provides this
special GC interface too?

I recall Jim talking about removing Versions from the regular Storage
API, and implementing them instead by adapting a Storage to a
StorageWithVersions.  Perhaps the same pattern would be useful here.

--
Steve Alexander