[ZODB-Dev] BTree corrupted after conflict resolution

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Mar 5 16:04:54 EST 2004

Toby Dickenson wrote at 2004-3-4 08:14 +0000:
>Sould we break "a == b" equality tests on these stub objects too? I can
>imagine that being broadly safe today, and I think I remember someone using
>it.
>
>"a is b" better anyway.....

I do not think so.

  *  I do not expect that PersistentReferences to the same
     peristent object are identical but they should be equal

  *  "==" should be defined as "true" when two PersistentReferences
     reference the same object. This is a safe approximation
     for object equality

  *  "==" is necessary for non PersistentReferences;
     prohibiting "==" for PersistentReferences may require
     weird code to prevent exceptions when the type
     is not determined before hand. At least, it would complicate
     things...

--
Dieter