[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage on readonly media

Ury Marshak urym at two-bytes.com
Sat Mar 13 13:06:21 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Put the index on the CD along the FileStorage. Then, it will not
>be written. The index is essential for fast startup.

Thanks, I did put the index on the media, but your reply made me
investigate further.
And the investigation had shown that the index was failing the 'sanity'
check and was
being recalculated (no problem with that) and _rewritten_ (which was
failing on a read-only
media). I still think that when we are running read-only it would be
more logical to handle
inability to write the index gracefully, providing for cases like mine
where the database is
rather small and the index is not really necessary.

Ury