[Zope3-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] revise transaction API

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Mar 30 15:42:21 EST 2004

Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

>     - Shouldn't the Extended transaction API describe ways to get the
>       changes participating in the transaction? Something like
>       get_modifications() (that might in the ZODB case return OIDs which
>       are materialized by the resource manager)?

>     3. getting all modified objects (inclusing those in subtransactions).

What would this be used for?  This is pretty hard to do for RDBMSs and other
psuedo transactional things, like LDAP connections and mail systems.

If we move toward a model where resoure managers keep track of object
changes, this gets even harder, although I suppose that the transaction
could delegate to the RMs.

Jim