[ZODB-Dev] Connection simplification

Syver Enstad syver at inout.no
Tue Nov 2 03:21:38 EST 2004

"Tim Peters" <tim at zope.com> writes:

> So if your goal is "can't block", it meets that goal as-is.

That sounds good. Together with the logging of using too many
connections that sounds okay, even if a hard error can be better in
that it is more visible, logging is probably the more correct way to
report using too many connections.

> It's certainly possible to hack things in 3.4 so that
> DB.open(waitflag=False) would continue to return None sometimes.

> I think that's ugly, but I'll do it if I have to (the ZODB APIs are
> choked with "convenience gimmicks" that are unclear, undocumented, &
> untested;

Don't hack it Tim. I wholeheartedly agree with you that the code needs
cleanup, and the situation you have described with an "unlimited" pool
but logging "too many" connections sounds good enough for me.