[ZODB-Dev] Converting from 3.2 to 3.3

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Thu Nov 4 18:25:00 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:28:01PM +0100, Syver Enstad wrote:
> Syver Enstad <syver at inout.no> writes:
>
> > It seems to go well until I try to access a BTree in my root object.
> >
> > This is the repr string for it.
> > <persistent broken IndexedCatalog.BTrees.IOBTree.IOBTree instance '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02'>
> >
> > How do I get around this?
> >

> I found a way around this problem:
>
> The IndexedCatalog module does the following when it is present but I
> can't use it with ZODB 3.3 so... If I make a module under 3.3 with
> this content I get it to work
>
> import BTrees
> import sys
> sys.modules['IndexedCatalog.BTrees'] = BTrees

There's been some talk on IC-list, by the way, on porting IC to ZODB 3.3
(sound familiar?) -- basically, removing the ExtensionClass
requirement. I know this doesn't solve your immediate problem, but once
that's done I'd be sure to work on a migration script to port database
from old to new.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331