[ZODB-Dev] from ZODB import FileStorage, DB fails - can't import ExtensionClass

Alan Ezust zodb at oddiofile.com
Sun Nov 7 23:25:04 EST 2004

Thanks for the reply, Kapil

I just upgraded to ZODB 3.3, and now I am trying the initial example, which I
basically cut and pasted from

http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/node3.html

Just wondering, does installing the ZODB 3.3 properly remove ZODB3.2? Or is it
possible i have files from the older version causing problems?

What is the proper way to "clean up" a distutils package? I removed all the
files in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ZODB and did a re-install but that
didn't make the problem go away...

Anyway, here is the message:

from ZODB import FileStorage, DB

UserWarning: Couldn't import the ExtensionClass-based base class

    There are two possibilities:

    1. You don't care about ExtensionClass. You are importing
       Persistence because that's what you imported in the past.
       In this case, you should really use the persistent package
       instead:

          >>> from persistent import Persistent
          >>> from persistent.list import PersistentList
          >>> from persistent.mapping import PersistentMapping

    2. You want your classes to be ExtensionClasses. In this case,
       you need to install the ExtensionClass package
       separately. ExtensionClass is no-longer included with ZODB3.

  warn("""Couldn't import the ExtensionClass-based base class
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Persistence/__init__.py:25: UserWarning:
Couldn't import the ExtensionClass-based base class

--
Alan Ezust
Victoria, BC