[ZODB-Dev] zodb wants to import my module?

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Nov 10 16:19:37 EST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 04:16:26PM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Chris Bainbridge]
> > When I call get_transaction().commit() I sometimes get an ImportError
> > from zodb:
>
> More precisely, a ZEO client is reporting an exception raised on the ZEO
> server, when an attempt at conflict resolution on the server failed, and the
> attempt to raise ConflictError itself failed because the server wasn't able
> to find the name of the class of the object for which conflict resolution
> failed.

Could this be made clearer in the exception we report, or is this really
hard to fix? I've been confused in the past trying to track down if the
exception was raised in the server or in the client, and the fact that
it's sooo conveniently transparent is actually inconvenient here.

I think this would reduce the confusion here, at least.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331