[ZODB-Dev] RE: finding POSKeyErrors

Gerry Kirk gerry at faithonline.com
Wed Nov 10 16:24:17 EST 2004

Well, my guess is that the actual object is corrupted somehow. I could
run the same catalog query over and over, and the same objects returned
the POSKeyError with a getObject() call.

> For example, do you know that 2.7.2 Zope can create
> POSKeyErrors "out of thin air"?  See ZODB news for ZODB 3.2.4
> release candidate 1:

Ok, I'll try upgrading. I'm still leery about the repeatable
POSKeyErrors, though. I thought maybe they occurred when we had issues
with bad memory, so I just want to clean up any such bad objects. Guess
I'm not totally convinced there aren't 'bad' objects in the system -
ZODB is still a black box to me.

Regards,
Gerry