[ZODB-Dev] Newbie question - Filestorage size ?

Luis Machado luis.machado at mandioca.tzo.com
Sun Nov 21 21:14:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I would like to know how big can a filestorage grow ? I'm working on an
application where I'm only adding data to a ZODB database. I'm not
modifying existing data. In this application, there is one task writing
to the database and many clients reading from it.

Looks like ZODB is appropriate for this application, as I need a Tree
database due to the nature of the data.

If I'm only adding new data and no modifying nor deleting data from the
database, do I need to regularly pack the database ?

What are the chances that the file gets corrupted ? Is this related to
the size of the file ?

Is there a way to read data from a compressed backuped file ? Like MySQL
that after compressing the table I can still read from it.

Thanks,

Luis