[ZODB-Dev] Re: Corrupt db when trying to pack

Gerry Kirk gerry at faithonline.com
Mon Oct 4 13:45:58 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:

> You didn't say which version(s) of Zope or ZODB you're using, but there are
> indeed no known software causes for FileStorage corruption in current
> releases of Zope or ZODB.  You should look this over now:
>
>     http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup

I took a look at that. Very informative.

I'm using Zope 2.7.0 and whatever version of ZODB that comes with it.

> For the future, take the recommended practices listed on the link above to
> heart.  For example, had you made daily backups all along, repairing
> "impossible" corruption in the first 300MB of a 700MB FileStorage probably
> would have been straightforward.

We do a nightly backup of the whole database. How does that make
repairing easier? The only thing I can see doing is to run tests on the
backup each night, to know if there is an issue or not, and deal with it
right away.

- Gerry