[ZODB-Dev] RE: Corrupt db when trying to pack

Gerry Kirk gerry at faithonline.com
Mon Oct 4 17:02:29 EDT 2004

This is getting more bizarre. I recopied Data.fs, ran fstest.py and
fsrefs.py no problem, started up zope, click on pack, then this time I
got an error related to global LOG not defined in

Module ZODB.fspack, line 158, in fail

which is a method that reports a CorruptedError. I then ran fstest.py on
the same file, and this time I got the error

Data.fs data record exceeds transaction record at 684684623: tloc
684236170 != tpos 684244362

So, I'm not sure what to think. Seems that there is still an issue here,
but fstest.py and fsrefs.py don't detect it.

You mentioned upgrading to a newer version of ZODB. Is it just a matter
of updating the python files? No need to do anything to the database
itself?

Gerry Kirk
Project Manager
www.faithonline.com