[ZODB-Dev] State of persistent cache after commit

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 20 14:14:25 EDT 2004

Rad Widmer wrote at 2004-10-20 10:30 -0500:
>It is my understanding that the persistent object cache is invalidated after a commit.

This is not the case...

A commit causes invalidation messages to be sent to other (!) connections
for any objects modified by the "commit". When the invalidation
of an object "o" is processed, this object (only) is invalidated
in the cache.

Thus a commit invalidates only the objects it has changed (in other
connections; it does not invalidate anything in its own connection).

>Is there a
>way to prevent this from occurring?

No.

--