[ZODB-Dev] Re: Serious ZODB time reversal

Andreas Kaiser kaiser at xo7.de
Fri Sep 3 16:16:38 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>>Yes, they don´t seem to cause any inconsitencies, the only problem is
>>the enormous cpu time consumed, which makes the application rather
>>unuasble for users who don´t have the "Manager" role associated.
>
> This suggests that you are using the wrong type of
> index for "expires" and "effective".
>
> Use a "DateRangeIndex" or (even better) a
> "Managable RangeIndex with type "DateInteger".

That´s it!

There was another post on the plone list pointing to
http://plone.org/documentation/howto/OptimizingCatalogs which describes
your suggestion in detail. It was already on my list, but I thought I
had to fix those "conflict errors" first...

However, by replacing Indexes I got rid of almost all conflicts (execpt
tho usual ones once in a while). I´ll also try your other suggesions.
And I promise to learn more about proper catalog utilization ;)

Thanks a lot,
Andreas