[ZODB-Dev] preventing a transaction from committing within app code

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Sep 8 13:45:45 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 13:30, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> The ZODB 3.3 transaction API should allow you to plugin a transaction
> manager that implements this policy.  (At least I hope it does.)

That's nice though not immediately helpful for Zope 2.7.X as it still
uses ZODB 3.2.  Zope 2.8, which is supposed to ship with some version of
ZODB 3.3, is still a long way off too, AFAICT.  Darn.  Do you have any
recommendations for how to implement this in ZODB 3.2?

>   I'm
> not sure how to plumb that through Zope, but a configuration option
> sounds plausible.  You would probably need to revise products and
> internal code that intended to create new transactions to explicitly
> call transaction.begin().

Yup, that's not a problem, assuming we have the machinery to register a
new transaction manager.

- C