Deprecation problem and ConnectionStateError, was: Re: [ZODB-Dev] Span transaction over several threads

Diez Roggisch d.roggisch at ehotel.de
Thu Sep 9 12:05:24 EDT 2004

> See NEWS.txt, under the "ZODB3 3.3 alpha 3" section.  In short, you create
> an instance of transaction.TransactionManager and pass it to open().  Hmm!
> The example there is wrong:  TransactionManager doesn't have a commit()

Ok, I read that. From what I understand, either a Transaction is attached to
the current thread, or to all threads. Which is a desaster to my usecase, as
concurring accesses to the corba service would kick out each others
transaction. I'm currently in the process of writing tests, so I can't verify
that, but hopefully soon I can.

Tim, as you are somebody more familiar with test-driven developement and the
unittest-module, I've got a somewhat offtopic question on that:

For testing, I've got to spawn a corba server. I do that in setUp of my test.
I kill the server in the tearDown-method. That works fine, unless an
assertion fails - then the tearDown-method seems not to be called. Is that
the desired behaviour, and if yes is there another callback or something
similar that I can use to kill the server?

Regards,

Diez