[ZODB-Dev] ZEO's stats.py and simul.py

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 04:06:52 EDT 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
>>Urg. simul.py was supposed to provide an alternative *schniff*
>
> If theoretical hit rate is all that matters to you, yes.

Damn it! Where's my magic bullet? And where's that cake I was supposed
to have AND eat? It was supposed to be here by yesterday...
*wry grinz*

More seriously, yes, I suspect you're entirely correct. In this case I
suspect the enterprise-level-backed-up-disk-thingy interracting with
directory storage's let's-create-millions-of-files-and-subdirs is
probably having more of an effect, and even that is likely dwarfed by
inefficiences in the app-level code...

> If you're serious, you also need to play with changing the target number of
> objects in your ZODB (Connection; in-memory; "pickle") caches.

It would be great if this could be set to a max-limit in MB. How hard do
you reckon that'd be to implement?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk