[ZODB-Dev] ConflictErrors won't clear

Jeremy Hylton jhylton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:21:07 EDT 2005

On 4/15/05, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> >
> > It's mentioned in the documentation -- see section 3.4 ZEO programming
> > notes -- and it's been discussed on this list many, many times.
>
> Where are these notes?

In the ZODB & ZEO programming guide that's packaged with ZODB and
available in the Wiki.  Perhaps you've read it before?

> > It sounds like the simplest approach for your application is to do
> > like Zope and start a separate thread that runs an asyncore mainloop.
> > Then your application threads will see updates when the commit and
> > abort transactions, just like the would in Zope.
>
> I'd really prefer not to do that unless absolutely necessary:
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2004-June/007554.html

It sounds like the answer here it so avoid fork, rather than asyncore.
 If you don't run an asyncore mainloop, you'll be responsible for
manually sync-ing all the storages/connections that asyncore would
handle automatically.

Jeremy