[ZODB-Dev] issue with new package layout

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Sun Apr 17 21:09:33 EDT 2005

I'm trying to update my experimental ZODB Debian package to 3.4.0a1.
The new change of having version numbers hard-coded in file paths within
the source package (e.g. Dependencies/BTrees-ZODB3-3.4.0a1) is very
troubling.  This means that any patch to the upstream source I try to
maintain will surely not apply cleanly on each new release, because file
paths will have changed.  I've never seen this kind of practice in a
source package.  Would you please remove the version numbers from these
paths?

--John