[ZODB-Dev] Problem using ZEO with a py2exe app

Chris Cioffi evenprimes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:03:08 EDT 2005

I'm cross posting this b/c I don't know where the solution will come from.
 I've got a app that I compile with py2exe. For various reasons I am
converting it from direct ZODB access to using ZEO.
 To use ZEO I am calling ZODB.config.databaseFromURL() and passing in the
config filename. This function attempts to load config.xml to parse the
config file I pass in. I get the following error trace.
 C:\hepcat>hepcatng -d1 -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "hepcatng.py", line 207, in ?
File "hepcatng.py", line 135, in main
File "ep\zdb.pyc", line 35, in open_zeo
File "ZODB\config.pyc", line 51, in databaseFromURL
File "ZODB\config.pyc", line 34, in getDbSchema
File "ZConfig\loader.pyc", line 31, in loadSchema
File "ZConfig\loader.pyc", line 63, in loadURL
File "ZConfig\loader.pyc", line 102, in openResource
File "ZConfig\loader.pyc", line 114, in _raise_open_error
ZConfig.ConfigurationError: error opening file
C:\hepcat\lib\libhepcat.zip\ZODB\config.xml
: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'C:\\hepcat\\lib\\libhepcat.zip\\ZODB\\config.xml'
 I have looked in ZODB\config.py and I don't see a function that won't try
to load config.xml.
 Based on that, I manually added config.xml to the zipfile library that
py2exe generated and still no luck. Any ideas on what to try?

--
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here
and there." -- Richard Feynman