[ZODB-Dev] ZEO cache problems and a lost ZEO connection

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 3 13:28:02 EDT 2005

Paul Winkler wrote at 2005-8-1 17:17 -0400:
>* We still don't see the data that we imported unless I either restart
>  zope or use the Control Panel to clear the in-memory ZODB cache.
>  And then suddenly we see it.
>
>So it appears that the sync succeeds, and ZFred successfully got the
>ZEO server to store the changes, but both ZFred and ZJoe are using
>stale cache data until I restart them or flush the cache.

This is unbelievable...

At least the connection that made the modification should
see the changes (it itself has made).

Indeed, all connections on the ZEO client that made the modifications
should see them. This is due to the "callback" in
"ZODB.Connection.Connection.tpc_finish".
This callback is called in the storage's "tpc_finish"
and invalidates (flushes from ZODB cache) all objects
modified in this local transaction.

--
Dieter