[ZODB-Dev] Re: ConflicErro on my ZODB

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Aug 10 08:22:36 EDT 2005

Sébastien VINOT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Plone2 web site that has strange problems. In fact what appears
> is a big CPU usage.
>
> I've checked the products and nothing special is used (CMFBoard seems to
> be the one the most cpu consumer).
>
> I've looked at the event.log and I found a lot of conflictError. In
> fact, even if these problems are not linked I'm a bit worried about
> these conflicts. I tried to find a "magic tool" able to repair my base
> on internet with no success.
>
> Does someone has some clues to investigate.

You can start by using DeadlockDebugger or ZopeProfiler to see where the CPU
time is spent.

For the ConflictErrors, you'll have to isolate what objects they apply to
and understand who writes to them and causes conflict. I posted a patch on
this list 1-2 months ago to get more information off ReadConflictErrors to
identify objects.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com