[ZODB-Dev] Ordering before commit hooks

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Aug 14 10:30:16 EDT 2005

Julien Anguenot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to order the before commit hooks on a transaction by being
> able to specify an order for a subscriber at registration time. For the
> moment, they are called in the order they've been registred.
>
> The order argument could be an integer with a default value to 0 added
> to the registration method.
>
> We could just insert the subscriber wihin the queue according to this
> order parameter if found *or* sorting the queue according to this
> parameter before flushing the queue and calling the hooks.
>
> What do you think ?

What is the motivation for this?  Can you give any use cases?

I'm -1 on this because it adds complexity to something that I think
should be simple.  It feels like something that is likely to be
missused. I do have an open mind though.

Unfortunately, I won't see your reply for over a week.  I'd
prefer not to see this added to the trunk until we've had a chance
to discuss it a bit more.

Jim