[ZODB-Dev] OID length

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Dec 9 09:07:16 EST 2005

I know this has been raised several times in the past, but I'm not
sure of all the details...

What layer of ZODB, if any, has a restriction that OIDs be 8-byte
strings. Is it the persistence module? Or just FileStorage?
Also is there a reason (performance, space?) for this restriction,
and would anyone be interested in seeing it removed.

I'm asking because I'm planning a pretty complex storage layer, which
would benefit from more complex OIDs (for instance bigger strings, or
tuples of (str, int)).

Thanks,

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com