[ZODB-Dev] Heads-up: Test failure on trunk/Python 2.4.2/OS X

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Dec 11 11:35:08 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Jens Vagelpohl]
>
>>Just as a heads-up because I don't know how much testing ever gets done
>>on OS X:
>

> I do:  none ;-)

Can someone volunteer to run a Mac OS X buildbot slave?  If not,
I'll try to set up an *old* iMac that the PSF seems to have
abandoned at ZC. :)

 > For ZODB specifically, since the Zope trunks were changed
> to stop running ZODB tests, no version of ZODB is regularly tested on any
> platform anymore; the overnight test runners and buildbot.zope.com used to
> at least test some ZODB versions regularly (although not the --all tests) on
> some Linux boxes, as a side effect of running the Zope tests.  I run ZODB
> test on Windows and Linux when I can make time for it, but never on OS X.

I'll update the buildbot setups to run all tests.

>>Running the tests on the current ZODB trunk using a self.built
>>Python 2.4.2 on OS X (10.4.3) the following test fails:
>

> They fail the same way on my Windows box and a random Linux box today ...
>
> OK, Dmitry, you fixed the spelling (replaced "onnection" with "connection")
> in an error message in serialize.py several days ago (revision 40617), but
> you didn't run the tests before you checked this in.  Please repair the
> testcrossdatabasereferences test to match the repaired spelling (and run the
> tests this time -- this is especially important since, as above, regular
> testing of ZODB is no longer being done).  If that change got merged to any
> branches (sorry, I'm having major connectivity problems with zope.org just
> now and can't find out), of course those should be repaired too.  Thanks!

This is definately a bug that should have been caught on checkin.

Tim. we should set up a buildbot whachamajiggy (I have trouble keeping the
buildbot jargon straight) to run ZODB tests on checkin, so we can catch
these sorts of things sooner.

Jim