[ZODB-Dev] More exciting ZODB errors ;-)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 11:23:58 EST 2005

Hi All,

We recently upgraded to Zope 2.8.4 and have been seeing some different
and special errors every so often (why does this always and only ever
happen to me? ;-) Nothing noticeably bad appears to result from these,
but, as always, I loose hair over them and would like ot know what's
going on :-S

Any clues?

Chris

08:55 - Traceback (most recent call last):
"lib/python/transaction/_transaction.py",
line 422, in _commitResources
     rm.tpc_begin(self)
   File "lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
446, in tpc_begin
     self._normal_storage.tpc_begin(transaction)
   File "lib/python/ZEO/ClientStorage.py",
line 914, in tpc_begin
     txn._extension, tid, status)
   File "lib/python/ZEO/ServerStub.py", line
232, in tpc_begin
     return self.rpc.call('tpc_begin', id, user, descr, ext, tid, status)
   File "lib/python/ZEO/zrpc/connection.py",
line 536, in call
     raise inst # error raised by server
StorageTransactionError: Multiple simultaneous tpc_begin requests from one
client.

10:05 - Couldn't load state for 0x013872b7:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
704, in setstate
     self._setstate(obj)
   File "lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
757, in _setstate
     self._load_before_or_conflict(obj)
   File "lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
765, in _load_before_or_conflict
     if not (self._mvcc and self._setstate_noncurrent(obj)):
   File "lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line
788, in _setstate_noncurrent
     assert end is not None
AssertionError

10:05 - Error viewing a method on an object:
   File "lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/DateIndex/DateIndex.py", line
135, in index_object
     oldConvertedDate = self._unindex.get( documentId, _marker )