[ZODB-Dev] StandAlone/Index/Query

Tamas Hegedus hegedus at med.unc.edu
Tue Dec 27 09:00:07 EST 2005

Hi,

Please note in case you answer that I am not a programmer and I could
not get familiarized with zope's internals.

I would like to use a stand alone ZODB (w/o zope).
I would like to know how can I index and search objects.

The same question as in
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2005-December/009557.html

Extra questions:
=> I think ZCatalog (and FieldIndex, IntcrementalSearch2, etc) can be
used only within the zope framework; if not, please, give me some
example, how to use it in case of a stand alone ZODB.

=> IndexedCatalog seems to OK, but it is not active, so I would not
build a project using it. Do you know some similar, but active alternatives?

If I can not use any of the above mention tools in standalone ZODB, I
would like to implement a low level indexing/searching on filestorage
files. Where can I find some internals about the basic (binary?)
sturcture of the file storage files?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, PhD          | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
UNC - Biochem & Biophys     | fax:   (1) 919-966 5178
5007A Thurston-Bowles Bldg  | mailto:hegedus at med.unc.edu
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7248 | http://biohegedus.org