[ZODB-Dev] 0 is not really equal to my object

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 8 18:30:30 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 06:00:01PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| Derrick Hudson wrote:
| >On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 04:45:17PM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
| >| In ZODB 3.3, Persistent no longer derives from ExtensionClass, and is a
| >| vanilla "new-style" Python class (albeit coded in C) instead.  The import
| >| has to change then, to:
| >
| >Right, but that doesn't help me unless I could totally rewrite the app
| >for ZopeX3 :-).
|
| Perhaps your app will work with Zope 2.8 (aka trunk), which also
| uses ZODB 3.3 (will probably use 3.4).

Perhaps.  I'll wait for a Z4I release that documents Zope 2.8 as a
supported platform to find out.

ISTR reading that ZODB 3.2 and 3.3 are not compatible/interchangeable
(at the storage level).  Is there a migration path planned or already
implemented for converting an existing 3.2 database to 3.3?

-D

--
The way of a fool seems right to him,
but a wise man listens to advice.