[ZODB-Dev] How to do something similar to sql unique?

Michael Zimmermann mz-list at incunabulum.de
Wed Feb 9 10:00:30 EST 2005

I hope this post

currently I am developing a small application used for bibliography
managment. There, publications are stored as objects of a publication
classs with the title, author.... as attributes to this object. For
storage the zodb is used.

Now, I do havethe following problem:
For the ui I need to have a list of all authors (or titles or whatever),
i. e. something like the unique constraint available in sql.

To do this, do I have to iterate over all object, create a list of all
entry values and "uniquify" it?

Or what is the best solution for this problem?

--
cu,
    Michael