[ZODB-Dev] ZEO object update notification

Paul Sweeney zodb at koludar.com
Mon Feb 14 07:59:58 EST 2005

Has anyone got any suggestions for a standard/approved/favourite code recipe for
triggering code upon receiving an invalidation message for a ZEO/ClientStorage
object.  The code I am thinking of is a wxWindow displaying the names in a
PersistentList, and I want to know when to trigger a redraw if another client
updates the list.  I'm sure there must be something better than an "is this
updated since last time" loop - I was thinking along the lines of putting a hook
in __setstate__, but await your suggestions with interest! :-)

Paul Sweeney

(New to ZODB/ZEO, but a year-old convert and zealot for python ;-)