[ZODB-Dev] Tracking down a freeze (deadlock?)

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Feb 22 05:55:16 EST 2005

Florent Guillaume <fg at nuxeo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to track down what looks to me like a deadlock, using Zope
> 2.7.4. We're using ZEO, on single processor machines. The ZEO client is
> configured for 4 threads.

Following up because I found a better way to debug this.

I'm now using Fazal Majid's awsome threadframe
(http://www.majid.info/mylos/stories/2004/06/10/threadframe.html) which
allows me to dump tracebacks of all python threads. I added a small hook
in ZServer.PubCore.ZRendezvous.ZRendezvous.handle to trigger the dump.

Now awaiting results...

Florent

PS: thanks to Maxime Yve from Unilog for making me discover threadframe.

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com