[ZODB-Dev] Increasing the number of ZODB developers

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jan 18 12:23:19 EST 2005

I'd like to increase the number of ZODB developers.  Over the last few
years, we've had a lot of sauces increasing the number of people
working on Zope.  I'd like to do something similar for ZODB.
I think there are significant opportunities to improve the quality of
the ZODB implementation, applying lessons learned in the Zope 3
project and to add new features, however, for this to happen, we
need more contributors.

If you use ZODB, and you aren't already a contributor (developer),
consider becoming one.

I'd like to have a ZODB sprint at PyCon 2005.  I will provide
training on the ZODB design, code base, and open issues.  If you want
to learn about ZODB internals, this is a good opportunities.  If you
can join us, please add your name to the list of participants at:

   http://www.python.org/moin/ZodbSprint

Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line.

Jim