[ZODB-Dev] BTree memory bomb

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Jan 19 16:57:56 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 08:34, Tim Peters wrote:
> > This might be a sprint topic at PyCon.
>
> Note that Chris McDonough is leading a 2-day sprint on that topic alone:
>
>     http://www.python.org/moin/BetterZope2BlobSupportSprint
>
> I'd worry that it's competing with
>
>     http://www.python.org/moin/ZodbSprint
>
> except nobody has signed up for either yet <wink>.

I would be fine with combining the Zope 2 and the ZODB sprint, FWIW.

I think it would be useful to define a "blob access API" that is
independent of implementation.  For example, I already have a simple
"blob" implementation for Zope 2 that is a consumer of ZODB transaction
management, but it writes to and reads from the filesystem directly
using normal Python file APIs rather than using a ZODB/ZEO API to
perform reads and writes.  That product is attached for the curious.
The API couldn't get much simpler, so maybe it could also be an
inspiration for a "ZODBBlob" API.

I would be happy to visit ZC FBurg in order to act as secretary in
charge of writing up and publishing ideas for adding blobs to ZODB in
prep of Pycon.

- C