[ZODB-Dev] Doc/zodb.pdf appears to be damaged in ZODB3-3.2.4 and ZODB3-3.2.5

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Thu Jan 20 10:37:43 EST 2005

Hi,

This is no big deal, but browsing through ZODB3-3.2.4 and ZODB3-3.2.5
I noticed that:

$ xpdf zodb.pdf
Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Error: Couldn't read xref table

$ xpdf -v
xpdf version 3.00
Copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC

There is no real harm, since (I presume) the same information
is available as html inside /zodb subdir. Moreover,
this behaviour is fixed in ZODB3-3.2 and ZODB3-3.3 releases.
So I can totally live with it.

I do not believe this is a xpdf 3.00 issue because
Acrobat reader 5.0 (win32 version) complains as well.

I've just sent this e-mail in order to document the issue.
Therefore, googlers might find about it in the future.

best regards to the zodb dev team for the *outstanding* work,
Senra

--
Rodrigo Senra
MSc Computer Engineer     rodsenra at gpr.com.br