[ZODB-Dev] How can I analyse what's beign added to a ZODB andwhere?

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu Jan 20 14:37:11 EST 2005

[Dieter Maurer]
> I also posted a patch for "fsdump" that adds size information for each
> object in a transaction record (--> mailing list archive).
>
> For me, it was very helpful to track down bad persistency granularity.

I believe you're referring to this:

    http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2003-October/006157.html

I agree adding size info is helpful.  The reason we never added that is
because we did <wink>.  That is, Jeremy and I did add size-reporting code to
fsdump.py, but it seems to have gotten lost on an unmerged branch somewhere.
And I just spent more time futilely searching for it than it would have
taken to redo it from scratch <grrrr>.  I made a note to myself to merge in
your patch instead (and belated thanks!), but no promises about when I can
get to that.