[ZODB-Dev] Programaticallly managing the cache in stand alone ZODB

Chris Cioffi evenprimes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:59:01 EST 2005

Hello all,

I have a program using stand alone ZODB.  Currently it's a bit more than 2GB.

After normal processing, I go through and extract data for reports.  I
don't modify the data, and generally process the data in a single
pass.  Once used, the data is not accessed again during the run.

Is there a way to programmatically say "flush the cache, I don't need
anything currently there?"

get_transaction().abort() doesn't seem to quite do this (maybe I need
to make a setting change?)

I'm running v3.2.5 if that makes a difference.  Thanks!

Chris
--
"It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take
seriously." -- Peter Ustinov