[ZODB-Dev] Reloading product in 2.8

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jul 14 16:49:23 EDT 2005

Lennart Regebro wrote at 2005-7-12 19:17 +0200:
>The refresh functionality has been unstable since it became a part of
>Zope core, and I have ended up not using it since it since then

I never used "auto refresh" but always use the manual refresh
and I am very happy with it.

Recently, I implemented a "RefreshTool" that refreshes with
a product also all the products that depend on it.
With this, almost all refresh related problems disappear (exception:
the persistency bugs of "auto refresh mode").

It greatly speeds up development and I would not want to miss it :-)

>I'm all for makeing a serious effort one day to fix this.

+1

--
Dieter