[ZODB-Dev] Reloading product in 2.8

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jul 15 06:48:53 EDT 2005

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 06:01:26PM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> | When it fails, it does so in subtle ways that cause people
> | to lose lots of time.
>
> Usually when it fails I just restart. I wouldn't consider that losing
> lots of time comparing restarting now and then to restarting
> constantly.

The problem is *knowing* that it fails.  I've had a number of occasions
helping people debug deep and mysterious zope "bugs" that turned out
to be reload caused.  It works most of the time and people get lulled
into a false sense of security.  When it fails, they tend to blame
something else and waste lots of time trying to figure out what it is.

Jim