[ZODB-Dev] Reloading product in 2.8

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 15:37:10 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>   Let a bug occur in some component and then, instead (or in addition)
>   of fixing the bug, we say often: rip the component off Zope.
>
>   That was threadened for "Version"s, and "ZClass"es and now
>   for "Refresh".

Well, they all don't work right, confuse people are aren't maintained,
or a combination of all three. I'm sure if people who cared about them
were willing to work on them (ie: you!) then they might have stayedin
the core, but your refusal to sign a contributor agreement means there
isn't anyone. Unsupported code is dead code, and unless it needs zero
maintenance, which isn't true for any of the above, then it has no place
being in the core...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk