[ZODB-Dev] CorruptedDataError sniff !

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu Jun 2 11:58:30 EDT 2005

[Eric Brun, with a corruption problem]

This is a good place to discuss it, but I can't tell you more here than I
said on zope-dev earlier this morning:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2005-June/024941.html

> I have tried to do a fsrecover, it removes a transaction.
> fstest say all is ok.

Did you run fstest before or after running fsrecover?  It's better to run
fstest first.  fsrecover throws information away.  fstest will almost always
find nothing to complain about if you run fsrecover first, but then you've
also thrown away evidence about the original nature of the damage.

> fsrefs say that : " oid 0x37d8e5
> BTrees._IIBTree.IIBTree last updated: 2005-05-28 15:48:11.159195,
> tid=0x35D95942F9CD111L refers to invalid object:
>        oid 0x5d4787 missing: 'BTrees._IIBTree.IIBucket'

Same question:  did you run fsrefs before or after running fsrecover?  If
you ran fsrecover first, fsrefs may simply be complaining about the
information fsrecover threw away.

I know you're in a hurry <wink>, but it's unlikely you're going to recover
from this quickly.