[ZODB-Dev] Handling more databases with zeo

Lukas Linhart almad at include.cz
Tue Jun 28 04:23:52 EDT 2005

Hello,

sorry for bothering in Dev list, but I've posted this to c.l.p with no answer
and I don't knew where to ask.

I've rtfm again and I really don't knew :]

<cite>
One nice feature of the configuration file is that you don't need to specify
imports for a specific storage. That makes the code a little shorter and
allows you to change storages without changing the code.
import ZODB.config

db = ZODB.config.databaseFromURL('/tmp/zeo.conf')
</cite>

Well, my goal is to use database via zodb and have db specified in config file
only.

Thank You for any help,

Almad

-------------- Message from comp.lang.python ----------------------
Hello,

sorry for bothering with same question again. However, month ago, I have
tried to handle more zodb databases with zeo as described here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-May/279915.html

Since then, I don't have had a time to play with it and now I tried again.
However, even after reading
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/index.html few times, I have
no idea how to handle this (as anywhere I read, client only connect to port
and do not select filestorage). Only possibility I see is to run more zeo
instances, which is not neccessary as I have read.

Thank You for help,
Lukas "Almad" Linhart
[:: http://www.almad.net/ ::]